Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
GitLab is a Git-based fully integrated platform for software development. Besides Git's functionalities, GitLab has a lot of powerful features to enhance your workflow.
We've gathered some resources to help you to get the best from Git with GitLab.
- Git concepts
- How to install Git
- Start using Git on the command line
- Command Line basic commands
- GitLab Git Cheat Sheet (download)
- Getting Started - Git website
- Getting Started - Version control
- Getting Started - Git Basics
- Getting Started - Installing Git
- Git on the Server - GitLab
- Article (2017-05-17): Why Git is Worth the Learning Curve
- Article (2016-05-11): The future of SaaS hosted Git repository pricing
- GLU Course (Presentation): About Version Control
- Numerous undo possibilities in Git
- Learn a few Git troubleshooting techniques to help you out.
- Custom Git Hooks
- Git Attributes
- Git Submodules: Using Git submodules with GitLab CI